Monday, October 22, 2012

Aamir Khan's midas touch for the Dhoom franchise






                                                       Aamir Khan in Dhoom -3
                                             

With the filming for Dhoom 3 underway, actor Uday Chopra feels that the pressure is on Aamir Khan to make the Dhoom franchise bigger. 

Actor Uday Chopra hopes Aamir Khan's Midas touch works for the third "Dhoom" franchise. Aamir plays the bad man in Dhoom 3, which will see Abhishek Bachchan and Uday reprising their roles as Jai Dixit and Ali, respectively. 

"Now the pressure is on Aamir. With Aamir, whatever he touches turns to gold and with him in a brand like 'Dhoom', it makes it bigger than anything else. We are all excited," Uday Chopra told IANS. 

The first two movies of the "Dhoom" series found stupendous success. While John Abraham played the conman in the first instalment, released in 2004, Hrithik Roshan took the baton for the 2006 film "Dhoom 2". 

Apart from Aamir Khan, the new entry in the "Dhoom" series is actress Katrina Kaif. Produced by Aditya Chopra, Dhoom 3 is slated to release in 2013. 

Uday, who is focusing more on the Hollywood wing of his home banner, has been preparing for the movie. He even ended up in an accident while practicing a bike stunt called 'stoppie', but he says he is fine now. 

"I was shooting for 'Dhoom' on the motorcycle and I sprained my leg. It wasn't that bad," he said. 

Other than this, he says he doesn't need to prepare much because he has played the role twice and is comfortable with it now. 

"I'm growing my hair and doing my own stunts. Luckily, I have done this role before, so I don't have to do too much of preparation. I just need to learn my lines and show up," he said. 

Jai and Ali have been sporting the same look since "Dhoom" and "Dhoom 2" and will continue to do so in the next movie as well. Abhishek says its important to stick to the original characteristics of their parts. 

"The film needs to cater to a select audience and has a loyal fan base. I don't think 'Dhoom' should go far away from that. Jai and Ali should not look completely different from what they have always looked," he said. 

"I don't want to lose the image the audience has of Jai Dixit. If I come suddenly with a different body and different clothes, Jai will lose his characteristics. Minor cosmetic changes are fine, but I would not like to change Jai and Ali too much," Abhishek Bachchan said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

yllix